Pratik Mante | Aug 13, 2020 | 0
ZOOM Removes It’s 40 Minutes Only Free Meeting Restriction
ZOOM Meeting’s 2020 Holiday Gift
During the second surge, the coronavirus pandemic has roared to new extremes around the world causing many people to stay home and instead schedule meetings with friends and relatives over the Phone. In light with the current situation, zoom announced that this Christmas and New Year, friends and families kept apart by COVID would not find their simulated meetings over Zoom cut short by the normal 40-minute limit for free subscribers.
The removal of restrictions would mean that now during the upcoming holiday stretches, non-paying users would be able to make unrestricted calls. These would be valid for the Christian festivities of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the end of Hanukkah for Jews and Kwanzaa for African-Americans, as well as New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
What you need to do?
To remove the restriction, you don’t need to do anything, it will be removed automatically at the below specified hours.
Dates and timings when the 40-minute limit is removed by Zoom (Eastern Time):
- 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 17, to 6 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 19
- 10 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 23, to 6 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 26
- 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 30, to 6 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2
Dates and timings when the 40-minute limit is removed by Zoom (Indian Standard Time):
- 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 17, to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 19
- 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 23, to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 26
- 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 30, to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2
Zoom recommends a few actions users can take to ensure a wonderful virtual get-together with loved ones, these are:
- Protect sessions from uninvited guests by requiring a meeting passcode to join and enabling Waiting Rooms – and don’t share your meeting IDs on social media or other public forums
- Learn how to get started on Zoom with basic tips and answers to frequently asked questions
- Download festive virtual backgrounds and have fun with video filters!
The 60-minute call limit has also suspended by Zoom competitor Google Meet until March while the meeting period limits have not been removed by Microsoft Teams and Cisco’s Webex.
Whether coming together on the final day of Hanukkah, celebrating Christmas, ringing in the New Year, or marking the last days of Kwanzaa, those connecting with friends and family won’t get cut short, a Zoom spokesman said.