Pratik Mante | Aug 13, 2020 | 0
OnePlus Nord: flagship killer phone of 2020
The much awaited OnePlus Nord has been finally launched. After massively being teased on social media, finally the specifications and pricing is clear. The phone would be available for sale on Amazon and the company website starting from August 4.
Dubbed as the affordable OnePlus, the Nord is the true successor of the much appreciated OnePlus X that disrupted the mobile market back in late 2015.
The base variant starts at ₹24,999 for the 6GB RAM/64GB storage variant (Only available for sales starting in September).
The 8GB RAM/128GB storage variant costs ₹27,999 and the 12GB RAM/256GB storage variant costs ₹29,999. All models are available in 2 colours, Blue Marble and Gray Onyx.
Let’s get inside the details of OnePlus Nord:
- The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 765G, the first budget 5G supporting processor by Qualcomm.
- With a dual punch hole, the 6.44 inch FHD+ Amoled display is expected to be fluidic fast, with the screen refreshing at 90Hz.
- The battery capacity at 4115mAh is supported by the proprietary fast charging technology called the Warp Charge 30T, it can be charged from 0 to 70% in just 30 minutes.
- Running out of the box on Android 10 and skinned by the Oxygen OS 10.5, it has almost no bloatware.
- The quad camera setup with both Optical Image Stabilization and Electrical Image Stabilization makes the camera unit immensely powerful.
- The primary camera is the Sony IMX586 – 48MP sensor, followed by a 8MP ultra wide, a 5MP depth and a 2MP macro sensor.
- The front camera setup is a 32MP Sony IMX616 and a 8MP wide angle sensor.
- Both the front and rear camera support 4K recording.
- A fast and secure in display fingerprint sensor is available along with face unlock too.
- The phone supports Bluetooth 5.1 and NFC.
- The LPDDR4X Ram makes it blazing fast coupled by UFS 2.1 storage.
The phone lacks wireless charging, stereo audio and official IP rating. OnePlus has communicated that the OnePlus Nord will not be available for the USA market.
The phone has immense potential to return OnePlus the true title of being the Flagship Killer brand and is definitely going to be envied by the OnePlus 7, 7T and 8 users for offering such great value for money.